Warm 36,000 children and wrap them in your love
The knit-a-squillion challenge officially starts today, July 11, 2011.
The goal is to send 1,2 million squares to South Africa by July 10, 2012.
To do this, first download this flyer which explains the challenge.
Then, we need every person connected with KasCare, knit-a-square, the Square Circle forum, Ravelry, Facebook and Twitter, and who knows about our work with the orphaned and vulnerable children of South Africa, to:
1. To each knit or crochet 60 squares within the year ourselves
2. To Invite five other friends or family members to knit or crochet 25 squares
3. To ask each of those five people to invite one other person
4. To introduce the knit-a-square program to your local schools, churches and communities
5. To introduce the knit-a-square program to your local retirement village
6. To invite people in our small business, company or organisation to the knit-a-squillion challenge
7. To start a knitting group
8. To write about knit-a-squillion on your favourite knitting and crochet blogs
9. To send the flyer you have downloaded to all your friends and family and ask them to pass it on to all their friends and family.
Let’s start a viral movement.
Make sure you ask everyone to let the folk in South Africa know that you are working for the knit-a-squillion challenge. You have know idea how much hope this will give people there working so hard to help the children.
Here is a flyer for you to download. It explains the challenge and it also has a sheet of 4 postal labels and a list of every important web page associated with KasCare and its’ program, knit-a-square.